Tuesday, March 7, 2023

So Lucky To Have a Friend Like You

Today I'm sharing a St. Patrick's Day card I made this weekend for a sketch challenge.

For this challenge I selected Sweet 'n Sassy's Lucky Bear digital package.  Here's my completed card and then a little about creating it.




Here's the sketch we were given for the challenge.



I started by printing the bear about 2 1/2" tall, the sentiment, and several random digital clover leaves to use as the circle embellishments.  I used my Copic markers for all the coloring and the selections are listed below for your reference. 

The completed bear is hand cut leaving a little white space so he would not fade into the background.  I used a miscellaneous stitched circle die to cut the clover. 

Next I selected a light yellow 5 1/2" card base and added the green patterned paper background.  Then I secured the dark green banner tag and spaced the clover circles down the right edge.  After trimming the sentiment, I added it in the bottom right corner.  Lastly, time for the lucky bear.  Before securing him to the card base, I added 3 foam squares under his hat, head and raised arm.  Then I added the glue adhesive to his body and legs and placed him on the banner.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 




 

12 comments:

  1. What a darling cute card
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably cute card and perfect for March!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B} NEW March 3rd
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little Irish bear and great sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect little St Patrick's bear! This goes perfect with that sketch and our challenge at Double Trouble too! Thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling little bear, love the shamrocks down the middle, thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous is this - love the image and you have used it so beautifully with the fun sketch.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sweet and adorable card, that bear is so cute and you did a great job with your coloring...Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your interpretation of this card sketch, and that bear is so cheerful! Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options!

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, such a cute little St. Patrick's Day bear! Great job coloring him, too!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Pinch Proof" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute St Patrick's Dy bear! Love the way you colored him too. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... this is sooo cute! Love that bear! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute, Pam! I love how you used the scalloped banner. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #133.

    ReplyDelete