Monday, March 27, 2023

Quick Robin ~ To the Bat Cave!

It's always fun to get a card order for a younger child.  For someone to recognize even 'the littles' like special cards and also for the customer to know the child's currently character phase, just warms my heart.

For this card order, it's all about our super hero Batman! 



 I kept the card design simple and colorful.  The hardest part was deciding on a sentiment. But I have a husband that jumped right in and started me off with Quick Robin, to the Bat Cave...'   Perfect! 

I sized the image to just under 3" tall and added the text below him before printing.  I used my Copic markers to do all the coloring, then die cut the edge with a standard X-stitched rectangle die.   I added a single line of washi tape to ground Batman away from the sentiment. 

The card base is covered in large confetti balloon paper and the image was then secured in the center.  Since it was for a boy, I didn't want to add a bow, but felt like it needed something else.  I added the three balloon brads and drew in the strings. 

My customer wanted the boy's name on the card also.  I elected to use the Batman symbol and place it inside with his birthday greeting. 


What a fun card! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

The Paper FunDay ~ Challenge 51 

Cardz4Guyz ~ Challenge 318 

Passion for Promarker ~ Week 682 

A Place to Start ~ March Challenge 

Cutie Pie ~ Challenge 180 ~ Beginning with a B

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Batman: C1, C3, C4, C6, BV23, BV25, Bat & Belt: Y18, Cape: B04, E00

 



11 comments:

  1. This is an excellent card
    Wow Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for a young boy. The image is coloured perfectly and your sentiment is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, and that sentiment is perfect! My son would have loved this when he went through his Batman phase! :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love personalising cards too. This is perfect! I can just imagine the joy at receiving it. Super colouring and fabulous balloons. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Pam - that is brilliant!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. someone will be very lucky to get this card, you did a wonderful job at coloring, thank you for submitting your card with us at C4Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great personalized card! Love love love it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along with our "any color medium" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. You rocked our challenge coloring you Batman image! Kyle is sure to love his birthday card...great masculine feel!! —Deb Horst, DT #C4G318

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great and unique card that I'm certain the birthday boy loved! Thanks for sharing your project with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aweome superhero card! No doublt it was a big hit with the recipient! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Duper! I am sure this was a hit with the recipient. Biff and Boff! So glad you shared this with us at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete