Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Celebrating the Differences

When I saw that today is International Women's Day, I was a bit stumped as to which card I could share that would support this. 

I decided to share two birthday cards that I made for sisters.  Both girls are loved dearly by their parents (who ordered the cards), yet like most sisters, they have very different taste. 

To me this is what International Women's day is all about - celebrating our achievements and differences, no matter where we are from.

For the first card, I've used Stamping Bella's Brittany the Birthday Girl, from the Uptown Girl Collection. 


 The pink color scheme and dainty design gives us just a little insight to her character and desires. I love coloring with the deep magenta Copic shading.  Adding the lighter pink tint around the image softens the card.  Mixing stripes and polka dots adds a bit of fun and flair yet she's grounded well with the larger gray shadow at the bottom.  

The request for the second birthday card for the other sister, was completely opposite.  This gal is a huge Clemson University Tiger fan!  Here's what I came up with for her.


We all know there is nothing wrong with being a sports fan and with Clemson University being one of the rivals here in South Carolina, they are heavily supported throughout our state.  I used the sentiment that I saw on a T-shirt to make the design more for a girl's celebration.  I wrapped the text around the helmet and football images and colored also with my Copic markers.  The hearts in the background paper are silver metallic, which didn't photo very well.  I used Jillian Vance's Stitched Dot Emerald dies for the edges.  Once the designed was secured, then I added purple twine at the fold and a 'paw' charm to complete my card front design. 

To ensure it also had a birthday reference, I added another message inside the card. 


Happy International Women's Day to all of my readers all over the world!  Take time to celebrate your achievements and differences today! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

AAA Birthday Challenge ~ Game 47 ~ Stripes or Dots 

We Love Stamping, UK ~ March Challenge 

Sweet Stamping ~ Special Women 

The Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 85 ~ Dots or Stripes 

Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge ~ Sketch #515

Stamping Bella Sisterhood ~ March ~ Spring is on the Way

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Stamping Bella card ~ Hair: E21, E23, E35, Dress & Cake: RV52, RV55, RV66, Shadow: N1, N3

Clemson card ~ Football: E15, E17, Helmet: BV000, BV13, BV08, YR04, YR14, YR16, YR18


 

 

9 comments:

  1. Both cards are very awesome
    I bet the parents loved what you came up with
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and I love the shades of colour you have used. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image on the first is perfect for a girls Birthday, thanks so much for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love at that pink! great card. hank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two totally different cards Pam, and both brilliant makes - well done. Love the more feminine one with that gorgeous image.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pink stripe dress.Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set of two cards. Your coloring is great and I love all of the bold colors as we get ready to go into spring. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty birthday cards. I love how they are individualized for the recipients. Nice job. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be so tall and skinny! Fun cards in this post. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete