Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Fiesta ~ Let's Party!

This past weekend I attended a local scrapbooking/crafting retreat about 20 miles from my home.  This was the retreat that I have hosted for the last 20 years (Oh my!) and the first time since I 'retired' and handed it all over to several ladies. Although some times it felt a little weird not having to get everyone on to the next craft, headed to a meal, or handle the emergencies, it was a very enjoyable and relaxing time.  I am grateful for the three ladies that put on the event.  Thank you Jennie, Kelly and Julie!

I thought I would share a few photos of the weekend as I know many of you love to travel to retreats as much as I do. 

The theme was 'Mexican' and our cute t-shirts were waiting at our work tables on Friday morning.


The coordinators worked long into the night Thursday night preparing for the photo booth and other prizes.  The cactus were huge and so cute filled with all the balloons! 




Friday's them was Mexican Foods and our little gift bags were filled with candy most of us couldn't pronounce.  As we crafted into the night we had several courageous ladies who tried the candy mix.  Things that went from sweet to sour to very hot brought lots of 'tart' faces and loads of laughter from the ones watching!  

The project for the day was a scrapbook page with die cuts for the word 'Fiesta', a strip of brightly colored paper, and a bowl of guacamole with tiny chips.  Since I'm not a scrapbooker, I took my supplies and made this card.     



 
Saturday's day theme was Cactus and these tiny cactus candles were the big hit!


For our project, we made boxed cactus with different colored cactus 3D cut outs and tumbled rocks. 



We also played a Cactus Ring Toss game - that was not as easy as you thought it would be.  


Once the raining finally stopped, we went outside and had a few minutes of fun and laughs with a  piñata full of scrapbooking stickers and candy.  We had some amazing bat swingers! 

Sunday arrived way too soon!  Our theme for the last day was Other ~ Llamas, Serape, and Sombreros. 

Our table deco for the day.... Mexican bottled drinks with a Sombrero over it and a tiny straw hat. 


The ladies from Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia started the dreaded packing and loading in yet, more rain!  It always seems to take more time and effort to try to get everything repacked on Sundays without taking up any extra space!  

Here's our group photo for the event.  These are some sweet and thoughtful ladies.  Everyone seemed to be pleased with the retreat - I know I was! 


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

AAA Birthday  ~ Game 47 ~ Stripes/Dots  

My Time to Craft ~ #504 ~ Springtime 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 656  

Pam's Pearls













3 comments:

  1. Wow looks like a such fun
    Great card too 🥑
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as though you had a ball, Pam - what a wonderful weekend you have documanted
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great colourful card and it looks like you had a lot of fun!

    Thanks for joining us at the My Time to Craft Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete