Wednesday, January 5, 2022

YOU Bring Us JOY!

Each year I make one special Christmas card for my mail carrier.  This lady goes way beyond her duties all year long to ensure all of her customers get the right mail in a timely manner.  I tell her all the time that she can never retire, she's simply irreplaceable!

I search to find something different ~ not just any image will do.  This year, since I've joined the international design team,  Polkadoodles, I thought I'd use something from there.  I've selected  'Birthday Mail Twiggy & Toots Digital Image' for her 2021 Christmas Card.


 I sized the image to about 4" tall and printed her on 110# cardstock.  I've used Copic markers for coloring.  The decorative edging was done with Penny Black's Elegant Stitching Rectangle dies for the image and the solid liner. 

I selected a 6" card base and covered it with the wise men gift paper, then secured the matted image toward the upper left corner.  I added a matted 'JOY' sentiment in the bottom left corner and then completed the card with a matching organza bow at the top fold.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Jeannine! YOU bring us more than mail each day.  Your friendship brings us JOY! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 173 

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ January  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 57 

Digi Doodle ~ Challenge 45 ~ Be Happy 

Sheepski Designs Challenge 58 ~ Square 

Creative Crafters ~ Challenge 47 

Christmas with the Cuties ~ Challenge 56

 

Pam’s Pearls

Pam & Carl


Copics: 

Hat & Boots: B91, B93, B95, Mailbag: YR27, E11, Eyes: Y000, B000, RV00, Vest: R83, R85, RV11, Owl: E51, E53, E55, E57, Envelope: N0


Products




5 comments:

  1. Awe....I'm speechless! Thank you again! This card is so precious, I've enjoyed it so much. You do such beautiful work. I'm so thankful for you both & I enjoy our friendship. Good people is what gets me through the day. Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fabulous and very thoughtful card Pam - it's a delight to see
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
    DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
    owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special card for a wonderful lady. The image is so perfect and completely adorable. So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! The owl is so cute and perfect for your mail carrier, I bet she loved it! Thank you for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Studio Stamps Challenge. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete