Friday, January 28, 2022

Pretty in Pink

For our Polkadoodles Design Team Challenge this week we are thinking of spring and bringing you the Darling Buds Collection with their beautiful array of flowers.

For my card I've selected Primrose (DB8) and colored her in shades of dusty rose to light pink.




I started this card by sizing the image to about 3 1/2" tall and printed it on Neenah 110# cardstock.  The Copics I used are referenced below.  I placed her on a coordinating green small leaf print which matched the green leaves on her gown.  Next I added the small plaid scalloped edge border on the left and the additional silk flowers.  The tiny pearls  really set off the flowers and went perfectly in the flower on her forehead.  I completed the card with the matching pink organza double bow at the card base fold. 

Be sure to visit the Polkadoodles Challenge blog to see the other Design Team cards and to enter your card for the weekly challenge.


 Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Cup Cake Inspiration ~ Challenge 536 

Classic Design Challenge ~ January 

QKR Stampede ~ Challenge 436 

Cards Galore Encore ~ January 

Sparkles Forum Challenge 148 ~ Ribbon

 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics:  Skin: E35, E30, Hair: B41, N4, N6, Eyes: G07, Leaves: G20, G21, G24, Dress & Flowers: R81, R83, R85, R56, Shadow: W2

Products:


Polkadoodles, The Colour of Spring, PD7450




6 comments:

  1. OH! WOW! What a beauitful image and colours, love the design and the added flowers and delicate ribbon that are perfect. LOVE this card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation! I love image and choice of colours!Beautiful colouring!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge January "ATG".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty card Pam - love how yu have coloured her, and then matched the accent flowers beautifully.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely colored and great card, thank you for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring on this is so fabulous. I love your layers!! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    CIC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely is this. I love the ribbon you've used. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete