Saturday, January 1, 2022

Dreams Take Us Forward

Good afternoon from Morgan's ArtWorld Design Team as we bring you our January designs.  

You can view all of the Design Team projects by clicking Morgan’sArtWorld Challenge Blog.

For my project I've selected Spanish Eyes 6 Greyscale and made this 6" square top fold card.





 I started by lightening the image slightly so that I could color with my Copic markers.  After sizing her to fit the front of an A2 sized card, then she is printed on Neenah 110# cardstock.  

For this card I selected the background paper first and matched the Copics to the paper.  With both the paper and the image having a lot in their image (busy) it's important not to select too many colors.  Try to stay with four to five main coordinating shades.  Once completed I trimmed close to the colored edges and made a black mat with a stitched edging.   I also die cut the black lace fan and matted the sentiment with the same black cardstock.

The white 6" card base is covered with the patterned paper then I layered the pieces as shown - fan, black mat, colored image, clock, sentiment with mat.

If you'd like to join Morgan's Facebook group ~ we'd love to have you.  Here's the link ~ 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/848616968526756/

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Through the Craftroom Door ~ December 7 

Inspiration Station ~ Challenge 20 ~ Winter Beauty 

Lemon Shortbread ~ Challenge 160 winners ~ Other activities

Classic Design Challenge ~ January

 Pam’s Pearls

Copics: Hair: B41, N2, N4, N7, Gown & Earrings: Y26, Roses: R20, R21, R22, YR21, YR31, Flowers: B52, B60, B97, Leaves: YG61, YG63, Butterfly: Y15, B63, B60, Fan: Y00, R20, Background: E30, E31, E35

Products:








3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Pam! I love the layout and your coloring. Thanks for entering your lovely project in our challenge at The Inspiration Station. Happy New Year! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very striking design beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete