Monday, January 10, 2022

You Are Each Unique as a Snowflake!

Even though we rarely see the winter snow storms here at the lake in South Carolina, I love how each one is different and uniquely made.  For one of the weekend challenges we were to make cards that celebrated the uniqueness of each snowflake.

For my cards, I searched YouTube for a snowflake technique and decided to try the Baby Wipe method, something I'd never done before.  Here are my results and then a few things about the process. 



For those, like me, who aren't familiar with this technique, you simply fold over a couple of baby wipe and place them on an acrylic block. Choose three ink colors that you have the refill bottles for.  I used Stamping Up Costal Cabana, Wisteria Wonder and Cherry Cobbler.  Then I randomly dropped large drops of color until the area was as big as the biggest stamp I want to use. 


Now you're ready to go to work - Using three sizes of snowflakes I stamped around the edge of my cardstock that I'd cut to fit the front of an A2 sized card.  

 
Randomly fill in with the three different sized stamps until you have the look you like.  For mine, I've used Unity Stamp Co, Kit of the Month 10/17, Conspiracy of Love.

Next I pulled several encouraging sentiments (most are from Penny Black) and stamped each using the SU Cherry Cobbler ink. Then I mounted them on either the matching burgundy or purple cardstock making the base out of that paper. 

The end results are as unique as each of us are...






 Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Word Art Wednesday #525-526 

Stamping Sensation ~ January 

We Love Stamping ~ January 

Just Us Girls ~ Challenge 614 ~ Inked Background 

Penny Black ~ January 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 593 

 Pam’s Pearls

Products:







 

14 comments:

  1. These are magnificent. Thanks for sharing. I never knew what the baby wipe technique was until now. It's on my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam... easy technique with great effects. Love your cards! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful assortment of snowflake cards! I love how your baby wipe technique turned out with these great colors! I've only done this a couple of times a reeeeeally long time ago, might have to do it again soon!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Stamping Sensations this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for getting inky with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are just lovely, what an excellent way to get interesting images. I am going to have to give it a go, thanks for the inspiration and for sharing it with us at we love stamping this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What stunning cards Pam - love how you have used the inks and the stamps.
    Thank you for entering this beauty in the Word Art Wednesday challenge
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such effective stamping using that technique making a a pretty set of cards, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping January challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards and the inking the stamps you used are truly beautiful well done. Thank you for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful inking technique!!!! These are lovely!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely set of individual cards, thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really beautiful, Pam, and I love all the wonderful sediments you used! Thank you for explaining the process and thank you for playing with the Krafty Chicks! Hugs, Darnell (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great use of this technique combined with stamping off the page, they all look amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge and Stamping Sensations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so elegant Pam! Love how you used all the Penny Black Sentiments on this multicolored ink! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are very pretty. I have never heard of that technique. Thanks for getting inky with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete