Monday, January 17, 2022

Sweet Treats for You

Happy Monday from Jan's Digital Stamp Shop's Design Team! 

While winter storm 'Izzy' is dumping her snow over the east coast this weekend - I'm spending the long weekend with several girlfriends crafting away waiting for a peek at the snow that never came here where I am in SC.

For my Sweetheart Candy card I've selected the 'Slip and Lock' Technique.


I worked with two different images from this package to make this card.  First I took the 'double candy' image and duplicated it to cover the size of an A2 print.  This is my background paper which I cut into two rectangles to fit the front panels.  

Next I sized the candy jar to about 2 1/2" tall, printed it on Neenah 110# cardstock and colored it with my Copic markers. 
I used Penny Black's Elegant Stitching die to get the delicate edging. 

For the card base I cut white card stock to 4 1/4" x 11" and folded the two sides in to meet in the middle. Each side is  covered with the solid mauve paper, then the printed candy image.

I also backed the colored image with the mauve paper.  To make the slider part, which attaches this piece to the base, I cut 2 pieces of white cardstock the same size as the matted piece (behind the colored image). Next the white pieces are folded in half lengthwise.   With the fold side toward the center, each of these are glued to the back of the colored image.  The video I followed is referenced below - it's probably easier to see this than to follow my directions! 

However I do hope you will visit Jan's store and her Challenge blog.  There are several beautiful cards there by my fellow design teammates.  ALSO ~ Check out this month's Freebie in Jan's Store ~ Top Hat!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Challenge 76 

Allsorts ~ Week 659 ~ Add a Heart 

Moving Along With the Times ~ Challenge 138 

Time Out ~ Challenge 205 ~ In Love


 Pam’s Pearls


Copics: Y11, RV10, BG11, BG01, BG0000, V25, V22, BV000

Products:

11 comments:

  1. Great fold and card! Love the background paper you've created with the hearts image; so clever. Thanks for another wonderful team project for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and at MAWTT too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the love hearts and just perfect for Valentine's day which is coming soon. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too darn cute....just love all those sweet conversation hearts!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your love heart paper. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card in the soft pastels, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Add a Heart' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very sweet card pam - pun intentional - love the result
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, I like the backing paper and the sweet image
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that hearts-treats stamp is one that I have too... Thanks for giving me such great inspiration with your beautiful card! And thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous… thanks for joining our ‘For a Lady/Girl’ challenge over at Moving Along With The Times. Hope you will join us again. Good Luck.
    Diane Louise, Team Leader MAWTT xx

    ReplyDelete