Friday, January 7, 2022

Happy Birthday Gnomie!

When you love Gnomes, what is better than getting a Gnome Birthday card?  Well how about getting a Gnome Birthday card that a family member drew the image!

That's right - I colored and made this card for my dear friend Linda, but Jo Ann Stapleton drew this cute gnome. 




I feel very fortunate that JoAnn has allowed me to color several of her images ~ She's a very talented artist. 

For this card I lightened the image slightly, he was done in Sepia tones, and printed him on Neenah 110# cardstock.  I used my Copic markers for coloring, which of course is the fun part!  He's matted in solid red and I also cut two additional 1/2" strips 5 1/2" wide.  At this point I added a small metal 'Happy Birthday' tag, secured with a brad, to the basket of apples.  I matched one of the light teal dots on the dotted background paper to make the top fold card base. After securing the multi colored dotted paper, I added the horizontal strips, and then  tilted the colored image securing it to complete the card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge #434 

Seize the Birthday ~ Challenge #229 

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge #119 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge #173 

 Pam’s Pearls


Copics: Hat: W1, W2, W4, W5, Beard: C23, Apples: YG01, YG25, R35, R37, YG00 inside,  Shirt: BG13, BG15, Pants: B91, B93, B95, B97, Boots:  N6, N1, N3, Flower: E33, E37, Y19, Y15,  Stems: YG67, YG63, YG93, Crate: E70, E71, E74,  Base: G21 




5 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous gnomie image Pam, and you have coloured him beautifully
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous illustration AND fabulous coloring! This is just so fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Gnome image, You have made a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is this??!! Love the gnome image and it's colored perfectly!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- good luck!

    ReplyDelete