Wednesday, January 19, 2022

God Always Has A Plan

Today I'd like to share a masculine sympathy card I recently made.  One of the managers my husband works with lost his wife to Covid so of course he wanted to send a special card of condolences.  I selected Unity Stamps, 'Good Ol' Days by Tierra Jackson.

Like most guys, we knew that he liked vintage cars. I felt like the sentiment I selected was perfect both from the life's journey perspective and as an expression of comfort.  

Here's the finished card.


 After stamping the image on Neenah 110# cardstock, I used my Copic markers for coloring.  I selected the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Layers Dies for the decorative edge and covered the A2 white card base with a coordinating stripped green paper.  After securing the image to the card base, I added the sentiment which I had matted with a solid black mat.

Although this was used as a sympathy card, it's versatile enough for about any masculine use.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cardz4Guyz ~ Challenge 287 ~ Spots/Stripes 

Ike's World ~ Challenge 152 

Through the Craftroom Door ~ Jan 18th Challenge 

Stamps + Fun = Creativity  ~ Challenge 408 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 174 

Word Art Wednesday ~ 527-528

 Pam’s Pearls

 

Copics: 

Car: YG99, YG96, YG97, YG93, YG91, Metal: C3, C4, N3, N4, N5, Light Y00, Background: B000, Shadow: W3, W2 

Products:






8 comments:

  1. I am loving this perfectly masculine card!! The sentiment is a much needed reminder these days!! Thanks for playing along with our "spots and/or stripes" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! So glad that you joined the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, a great masculine card for your husbands work colleague. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw.. Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning masculine card Pam - and a great sentiment too.
    Thank you for entering this into our challenge at Word Art Wednesday
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at The Lil Patch of Friends Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of a friend. Such a nice card. Thank you for sharing it with us at C4G.
    Sincerely, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an awesome card, Pam. I love the image and the sentiment on this CAS masculine card. LOVE everything about it, and can't thank you enough for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. have a blessed week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete