Thursday, January 28, 2021

Wonky Donkey Birthday

 Today I'm celebrating my nephew's birthday (a day early) and wanted to share his card with you so you can join me.

Aaron is a pretty special guy in my book and I truly had a lot of fun using Whimsy Stamps Wonky Donkey images by Dustin Pike to make his card.



I started by stamping the three donkey images on Neenah 110# card stock, coloring them with my Copic markers and then cutting them out.  I used one of the sentiment stamps from the set (Say What) and the other two I typed up from Pinterest.  I also stamped and colored the Birthday Cake from Art Impressions and set it aside after cutting it out. 

I used the Whimsy Slimline Window die and an olive green card stock paper to cut out the frame for the card.  White standard card stock works fine for the card base, folding it on the 8 1/2" side x 3 3/4".   I matched up a small coordinating mat piece for each of the colors of the donkeys ( green, red & blue).  Next I die cut the three sentiments to fit in the windows where I wanted them to go.  A couple of the windows I had trimmed the cross section away to allow the objects to fit into the card a bit better.  I also die cut the three patterned pieces to fit their spots as well.  Then I carefully glued each piece to the back side of the frame, being sure they were secured and on straight when the front cover was turned over.  As I put the 3 patterned papers on, I quickly flipped the frame over and stuck the donkey's neck between the frame and the background matting, securing it under the edge of the frame.   I also took a couple of the small foam dots and placed under the heads of each of the donkeys for added dimension.  Once all the sentiments and donkey heads were in the right place, I added my glue to the back of this frame and carefully turned the piece over placing it on top of the slimline card base and securing it to complete this card. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

The Cutie Pie Challenge ~ The Boys are Back in Town #155 

Dream Valley ~#240 ~ Our Four Legged Friends 

Penny Black January Challenge ~ Anything Goes 

Crafter's Castle ~ January 2021 

Seize the Birthday ~ #206 

Simon Says ~ Anything Goes ~ Wednesday Challenge #80 

Art Impressions ~ Challenge #300 ~ Celebrate with AI


Pam's Pearls

Copics Used:

Donkeys: 1- B01, B02, B04, B05, 2 - R24, R27, R28, 3 - YG01, YG03, YG23, YG25, Ears: R20, R21Tongue: R00, R01, R20, Birthday Cake: Multiple~ your choice 

 

Products Used: 







 









9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Pam - I saw it over on facebook and loved it there too.
    Have you ever read the Wonky Donkey story? It's written by a New Zealander, as are numerous other stories of like vein involving animals. They are hilarious and I enjoy freading them to the grandies.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, love those cheeky sentiments, perfect with the wonky donkeys, they look great in the windows, like a comic page! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The donkeys are hilarious and you colored them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY fun card. Love the bright colors and fun sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what great images! Such a bright and happy card!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous faces on those donkeys and great colours. Thank you for joining in at the Cutie Pie challenge. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, where did you get the sentiments?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the delightful read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to exploring more of your blog! Try purina coupon for $10 off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely loved reading your blog post about the "Wonky Donkey Birthday"!
    Try bundle coupon for family.

    ReplyDelete