Monday, January 11, 2021

Nothing Is Harder

 Today I'd like to share a  card I made with you using Penny Black's Calm Waters.  I've used this stamp a good bit - it's one of my 'go to' stamps, but this is the first time I've used it without using my Copic markers. For a gal that loves COLOR, this is definitely a NEW technique for me! 

This time I needed several sympathy cards, all needed to have a masculine touch to them...flowers just were appropriate.

Here's what I came up with, then a little about how I went about creating this design.


For these cards, I used Kraft cardstock for the image and the card base.  I added a deep chocolate 1/8" liner behind the stamped image, after using the Gina Marie Designs Big and Little Chain Slimline Die for the image's edge.  Then I mounted the liner and image onto the Kraft card base.

Inside the cards I stamped various sentiments depending on which family they were going to ~ but my favorite was this one...


Our times are so very troubled right now. All we want to do is just to be there with our family and our friends.  Our hearts break for those that are alone, especially during the difficult time of loss of a loved one.

Take time to remember those who are grieving and let them know you are thinking of them today. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ January Anything Goes 

Sweet Stampin' ~ New 

Craft Rocket Challenge ~#77 For the Boys/Men

 

Pam's Pearls

 

 Products Used:







1 comment:

  1. It is nice to remember those that are alone and hurting right now. As you say, it's a difficult time for many. It's a great card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete