Monday, January 18, 2021

Trust in Him

Happy Monday!  I'd love to start the week off by sharing an inspirational card that I made for a weekend challenge.  The challenge from the Christian Card Maker site was to use a scripture or quote about God's Peace for our card. The message we need to hear every day - 
Trust in Him. 

For my card, I selected one of the sentiments from Penny Black's Gifts from Above and the flower from Altenew's Floral Sprig.   Here's the finished card that I posted for their challenge. 



 The sentiment is quite large, so I stamped it first onto a standard A2 sized card front, then positioned and stamped the flower close to the words.  I used my Copic markers for coloring the flowers (referenced below).  Afterwards I used the Gina Marie Nested Scalloped Stitched Rectangle die for the edges.  I selected a dark purple cardstock that matched the purple in the flowers for the card base and cut it to a standard A2 card size.  I tied a gold thread around the colored image and added a cross charm.  Lastly I secured the image to the card base to complete the project. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ January (Winner)

QKR Stampede ~ Challenge #412 

Art Impressions ~ Resolutions Challenge 

Creative Knockouts ~ #384 Something to Say 

Word Art Wednesday # 473-474

 

Pam's Pearls

Copics Used:

Flower: Y21, Y38, YR04, YR18, BV08, Leaves: YG61, YG63, YG67, YG91, YG93, YG95, Background: G20


Products Used: 










 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Pam! Love that image, your colouring and the colour palette! So pretty!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a stunningly beautiful card Pam - a real work of art.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are gorgeous and I love the cross charm. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, love how you placed the sentiment and the flowers to show it off. The cross charm on the gold cord is a wonderful touch. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an encouraging card - love that sentiment and the tall flower is the perfect accompaniment. The charm is a super sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - what a beautiful floral image!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete