Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Celebrating Life After Retirement

Recently I needed to make a birthday card for one of my former co-workers.  With one of my cards winning several images from Bugaboo Stamps, I knew exactly what image would be the perfect fit for him. 

Gus Tidbits and the sentiment definition of a Flashlight made me giggle and I know most men can truly relate!


 I started with printing the image and sentiment on Neenah 110# cardstock and coloring with my Copic markers.  I used the My Favorite Things Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges die for the envelope like edge after completing the coloring.   I love the masculine look of the brown and blue plaid cardstock added to a chocolate brown card base.  I secured the image on the card base next, leaving about 3/4" on the left side.  Next I placed the 'celebrate' washi tape across the bottom and used a knife blade to trim the edges even with the plaid mat.  Last I added the blue twine and button to complete the card.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.


3 comments:

  1. Love that image. Sure will bring a smile to any guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun card Pam - love your colouring of the image and the way you have mounted it is stunning. A great sentiment too!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cardThank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges. Good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete