Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Brace Your ELVES!

It's Officially Started!  Build Your Christmas Stash 2021! 

The ladies on one of the card swap sites had the best time last year working one weekend out of the month (when it fell close to the 25th).  Now as of this past weekend, we've started again for the new calendar year. 

For my first Christmas card I used C. C. Designs, Christmas Elves and selected the cute little guy peaking through the wreath.  



After stamping him and coloring with my Copic markers, I set him aside.  I glued the red plaid paper on the front of the a2 sized card base and laid it open on my Sizzix machine.  I took the largest ring of the Gina Marie Designs  Wonky Stitched Circle dies and the cutting ring for each side and placed them all together on the card front, about 1/2 inch from the top.  This gave me the larger hole in the card base and the 'stitched ring frame'.  Next I positioned the colored elf inside the card base and trimmed the paper he's colored on to fit to the edge of the card base, then secured so that he shows through the center of the open window. Then I added the wonky stitched ring around him and glued it down and also added the stamped sentiment at an angle on the front.  It also would be easy to add acetate to the inside of the open window and another piece of cardstock to cover the edges, giving the card an additional layer of support on the front flap, if you liked that method. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Catz ~ Challenge #535 ~ Anything Goes ~ Winter Fun 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge #200 

Crafty Hazelnut ~ Challenge #526 Christmas 

Crafty Calendar ~ January ~ Make it Cute 


 Pam's Pearls


Products Used:




 


 

3 comments:

  1. I love this little guy. He's so retro looking. A great card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete