Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Gnome Matter What ~ I Love You

If you haven't started your Valentine card making, now is the time to start! Today I have the cutest sets of Gnomes to show you from Polka Dot Orchard, made into shaker cards. 

Now these are the EASY shaker cards so keep reading, please.  

Here's the finished cards~

 


First, I used Gnome Matter What, I Love You from Polka Dot Orchard.    I also pulled some other images to color for future projects, so you'll see more than just gnomes on the next photo.  I sized the gnomes to about 2" tall and a little over 1" wide, filled up the sheet with images and began Copic coloring.


Next I carefully cut each of the images out and put the bunnies and penguins aside for another project.   I also used a curved hillside die and cut about a dozen 5" strips for snow mounds. 

After pairing the gnomes together I matched a piece of patterned cardstock to each set and cut it to 3 3/4" x 4 5/8".  I added two pieces of the curved snow hills to each card front and secured them down.  I tucked the gnomes feet under the snowy hill and glued the rest of the body to the card front. I had printed and die cut several of the sentiments from this package also, so I glued one of the cute sentiments to the side of each of the pairs of gnomes.  Once all the pieces were secured and dried, I slipped the card front into one of the cellophane envelopes from an embellishment package. (YES, from an embellishment package!).  If it doesn't fit perfectly, simply crease at the edge of your cardstock, fold back and use double sided tape to secure the part back, under the back. After three sides have been folded and secured, I carefully added my flat/small shaker mixture to the front of the card, then sealed the fourth side.  Next I added double sided tape around the edge of all four sides, then removed the protective covering and added the shaker to the card base.  Press down really good to be sure it's sealed.   To me this is the easiest shaker I've ever made. I hope you'll try one - and especially try one with something from Polka Dot Orchard

Also a special thanks to Debra, the owner of Scrapsalot, who shared this shaker technique and many others that I use.  Her online store also has some amazing craft products you need to see!








Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

 Cardz 4 Guyz ~#262 Let It Snow 

Dream Valley Challenge #239 ~ Winter & Snow 

Gem of a Challenge ~ Week 2 

Challenge Up Your Life #131 ~ Snowflakes 

Crafty Calendar ~ Make it Cute 

Di's Digi Design ~ Show Some Snow

Pam's Pearls 

Products Used: 



8 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! Thanks for sharing. I must try your shaker technique too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set of cards! So adorable. Thanks for mentioning Scrapsalot too! You’re the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gnome snowmen...adorable!! Perfect for our "let is snow" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. We are glad you played along with our challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and different creations with those sweet gnomes, great elegant colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Gnome snowmen, a wonderful collection of cards. Thanks for sharing your work of art with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful creations thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Pam, these are adorable!

    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digis, I hope you will play again this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The clear envelopes make shaker cards so easy and fast! Your gnomes are gorgeous! I love each of these cards. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete