Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Hope Your Day is a Splash!

Today I'm here with Polka Dot Orchard's Design Team, to share another new digital image from the website.

I've used Under the Sea by Crystal Minkler to make this slimline card.  This package comes with one image and two sentiments. Can you guess how the background is done? 



I started by sizing the mermaid just under 3" wide by 6" long.  Then I sized the sentiment to fit closely and stay in within the card base width of 4".  I printed those on Neenah 110# card stock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I fussy cut the mermaid out and used a wavy edge die for the sentiment.  

I have these amazingly beautiful NAPKINS that have six panels of the design.  I took away the back plies of the napkin leaving only the front one ply.  Then I carefully cut the panel, which was about 7 3/4" x 4".  I used the Pinkfresh Studio Slim Edger die to get the stitched and fancy cut edge.  I made the card base 4 1/4" x 8 1/4" to coordinate with the napkin and my coloring.  To apply the napkin to the card base, I covered the area using a glue stick.  Note ~ you need to start at one side and lay the napkin on slowly so you can press any air or seams out as you lay the napkin on the card base.  I used my regular ph balance Bookbinding glue to add the mermaid and the sentiment.  The small water bubbles were adding using the bookbinding glue also and completed the card.

I hope you will check out this set and many others at Polka Dot Orchard's website.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 


Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
Copics Used:
Mermaid ~ Skin: E50, E57, E53, E55, R01, Lips: R22, Hair: E30, E25, E27, E33, Scales: BG07, BG09, BG18, BG57, BG11.

Products Used:  





14 comments:

  1. I love your mermaid and using the napkin must have taken a lot of patience but it worked really well.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous. I love the image and love your colouring here. Love the background too. It is just perfect with this adorable image. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect background for that image the napkin makes. Great job coloring too! Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous colouring and I love the way you used a napkin to make the background. It all works perfectly. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully made card. Great admiration for using the napkin. I know how tricky it can be.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this wonderfully creative card! I haven't seen any napkins this pretty but you have me wanting to go out and look!! Your mermaid is beautiful and perfectly colored. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to create a background. Love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, and using the napkin as a background for a beautiful coloured Mermaid
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card. Beautifully coloured and great use of the napkin.

    Thanks for joining in with our challenge.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mermaid Pam! Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://thefairyandtheunicornchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely mermaid card ! Thank you for your contribution to our August 'I do like to be beside the seaside' Challenge over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty mermaid card, I love mermaids! It's perfect for our "I do like to be beside the seaside" challenge over at Country View. Thanks so much for joining us xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous mermaid card Pam. I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at SheepSki Designs Blog challenge and good luck with your entry. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Fairy and the unicorn challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT x

    ReplyDelete