Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A Classic Birthday

Today I'd like to share a recent commissioned card that I made for a friend who asked for a truck birthday card. When I asked her what color truck, the reply was simply, "Blue".    Well if you are a Copic colourist, you know there are MANY shades of blue! Hmmm.... 

I selected Polka Dot Orchard's digital package, A True Classic, by Artist Jeanie Hayes.

Here's the completed card then a few things about making it. 



I started by sizing the truck to fit an A2 card front and added a layer to put the sentiment just under the truck 's shadow.  I printed the image on Neenah 110# card stock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  If you are trying to learn to color rust - remember to do that step first, then on to the rest of the truck.  

When my coloring was complete, I used the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Layers die set for the image edging and the wood grain matting paper.  Lastly, I mounted the matting and then the image to the white card base and it was ready to be mailed. 

The amazing part about making this card was showing it to the buyer.  I explained to her that 'blue' meant many shades so I just picked a combo I was comfortable with.   I was totally shocked when she sent this photo ....


Oh my goodness!  I had no idea I would guess that closely to the actual color of his truck, rust spots and all!  To say she was thrilled is an understatement too! 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 



Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam








5 comments:

  1. You nailed it. How exciting. It's a great card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW total inspiration love the truck and great colouring.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect creation for the guys, many thanks for joining in with our 'Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't God good when we make cards that 'fit' the recipient so well, even when we really don't have much detail about them!
    A stunning card Pam, and I love your reust spots!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect! Thank you for entering our Male challenge at Allsorts and good luck.

    ReplyDelete