Monday, August 10, 2020

He Is My Rock

Happy Monday - I hope your week is off to a great start!

Today I would like to share the card I made for a weekend challenge  ~ Using a Lighthouse.

Here's my completed card, then a bit about how I made it.



I have a large 12" x 12" x 3" container of nothing but Summer/Beach stamps.  Many I've had for years and have been separated from their manufacturing information.  This lighthouse happens to be one of those - just a single, clear stamp in my box.  I stamped it on a A2 sized card front cut from Neenah 110# card stock.  I used my Copic markers for coloring and then used the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Layers die for the image and the coordinating background.  I returned the image to my Misti and stamped the sentiment He Is My Rock, from Reverse Confetti.  

Inspired by a card this week from one of my Design Team friends, Laura Mooney, I started going through my stash of stencils.  I selected the Crafters Workshops 6" x 6" Hallelujah stencil and positioned it so that the sun was rising just above the right side of the cottage.  I used Distressed Oxide Salty Ocean and a brush and lightly brushed on the stenciled design.  Then I used Copics Y28, Y15, and Y13 to make the sunshine and the rays.    If I had thought this through a little better, I should have done the stenciling work, then added the sentiment.  I had to add a washi tape strip to finish off the stencil work and ground the image. 

I completed the card by mounting the matting and the completed image on an A2 sized white card base.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 


Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam












6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Pam! I love the scene you created!
    Thank you for participating in our challenge at Country View Crafts this month!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scene you created great job ! Thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue create x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your lighthouse scene,great colouring and stencilled background.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and playing the twist
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, beautiful stencilling and colouring. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely coloring! I just separated all my "Christmas" stamps and put them in a bag but it is ugly! You have inspired me to do better! Thanks for a wonderful submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete