Wednesday, August 5, 2020

From Sketch to Card

Recently I met a new online friend who loves to sketch.  She allowed me to take one of her beautiful flower sketches and make a greeting card.  I'd like to share the completed card with you today. 

This is Ms. Stapleton's image, Simply Spring.



While she is not ready to sell her images just yet, you can view some of her other designs or contact her via Facebook (Click here).  

To make this card, I had to manipulate her image slightly using Photoshop Elements.  An Artist sketch has a lot of shading that is perfect for the sketch, but not suitable necessarily for Copic coloring.  Basically I scanned her image and then brightened and changed the contrast a bit to take out some of the shading.



Next I printed the image on Neenah 110# card stock after sizing to fit an A2 card front.

I used my Copic Markers for coloring, starting with the leaves and finishing with the flowers. 




I trimmed the completed image close to the flowers, then added a dark green 1/4" matting and mounted both on an orange coordinating card base.  To complete I randomly placed several enamel dots.


I really enjoyed coloring her image and look forward to working with her in the future. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
Copics Used:
Leaves: YG61, YG63, YG95, Flower Centers: Y13, Y18, E95, Flower Petals: G95, YR02, YR65, YR15, YR14, YR27





4 comments:

  1. What a talented friend, and a clever edit and beautiful colouring of her drawing. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GORGEOUS image, and your coloring is wonderful. Brilliant idea to lighten the shading! Thanks so much for playing and sharing this beauty at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floral card is so pretty and you have coloured it beautifully... Thanks for entering it into our ‘Summer Colours’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous and beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete