Thursday, August 20, 2020

From Baby... To My Mommy

I have a friend who loves to order cards from me.  I tell her she is my 'challenge' girl as she has a wonderful imagination and is always wanting a unique card created.  It was no surprise when she requested today's card ~ but was a bit of a challenge as always. 

Her message read...
"I have a God daughter being born tonight or tomorrow. Can you make me a special card for her?  I would love something from the baby to her mommy."

Challenge accepted, of course!  

I decided on the Whimsy Stamp image, Little Angel Mother Digital, by designer Crissy Armstrong.  



I sized the digital to fit an A2 card front and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I used the Simply Stamped Peekaboo Stitched Oval Frame die cut to make the scalloped edged frame out of green striped paper.  I trimmed the colored image to fit just inside the frame, then mounted it and the frame on a pink A2 card base.

Now the special part... 

There is a popular poem that is from a one year old child to their mother. After reading that, I was able to make a similar poem that would relate from the newborn baby girl to her mother.  I die cut the words with Memory Box's Wrapped Scalloped Rectangle Die and then glue it to the inside of the card. 


I really like the way this turned out and so did my 'challenge gal'.  I'm sure it was special for the new mother to receive also. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 


Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
 Copics Used:
Skin: E50-E55, Hair, C3, B41, C5, C7, C9, Dress: YG45, YG61, YG63, Baby Hair, E11, E23, E25, Gown: R81, Blanket, R83, R85

Products Used:


Simply Stampin, Peekaboo Stitched Oval Frame




3 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Thanks for sharing over at Creations in Pink.
    Danka DT
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem and card front colouring. A card to cherish. Thanks so much for sharing this at Love to Craft. XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge and hope that you will be able to join us again next month...Good luck with your entry!
    Hugs Donna (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete