Tuesday, July 27, 2021

He Calms the Restless Sea

Do you feel like sometimes when you're struggling to design a card, the harder you try the harder it gets?  I often find I'm in that boat when it comes to Masculine cards, especially Masculine Get Well Cards.  No matter how many cards I have pre-made, my get well cards have to be made to the specific person to address their needs, even if it's in general.

I've found great comfort and direction may times when I go to my tray of Our Daily Bread stamps.  I might find an image and a sentiment, or a scripture or just one of these to lead me in the path that I need to be focused on for the card. 

Today's card was one of those, made for a friend at church who is going through cancer treatments.  The Our Daily Bread Anchor set spoke to my heart.  I knew this would lift his spirits. 



 I stamped the image and sentiment on Neenah 110# cardstock and then used Copic  markers for coloring. The delicate edging is done with the Penny Black Elegant Stitching.  I covered a standard A2 white card base with a navy nautical patterned paper, then added the completed colored image.  Then the important part - WRITE in it and Put it in the MAIL!  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Challenge of Your Life ~ Challenge #137 ~ Beach Time 

Pinspirational ~ Challenge 279 ~ July 

Just Add Ink ~ Challenge 564 ~ Choose 2 -Sky/Water 

Simply Create Too ~ Challenge 172 ~ Sentiment is Main Focus 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 83 ~ Summer 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week #501-502


Serving A Risen Savior

Pam's Pearls 


Copics Used: Cloud: BG000, B0000, R0000, Water: B60, B32, B93, B23, Post: E74, E77, Rock: W2, W3, N1, N3, Rope, Y28, Anchor: C2, C4, Sand: E41, E42, E43


Products Used: 




 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card. ODBD has always had some lovely stamps and dies. I know they go by a different name now but to me they'll always be ODBD. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ODBD certainly has some fabulous designs Pam. I too generally make cards specific to the person and occasion and have experienced that frustration :)
    This is fabulous card, and thank you for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely hear you on the times when you struggle to get a card going. You’ve created a beautifully encouraging card to give.your friend. Lovely scene, verse & colouring. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card! Thanks again for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really wonderful card! I love the scene and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life.
    Denise DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete