Monday, July 5, 2021

At My Age ~ A Quiet Surprise

As our neighbor quietly turned 70 a few weeks ago, he made his wife promise no parties.  But seriously, who can let a major milestone of 70 pass without some sort of gathering and sharing of a meal?  The three couples anxiously awaited his arrival for dinner while his wife worked diligently to keep the surprise and get him there without delay.
As they rounded the corner and we started to sing our sincerest Happy Birthday Jim!, he calmly turns and says to his blushing bride, 'We'll talk about this later." ... and the laughter roars!

Of course I had to make a card - it's expected right?  I selected three images for this special occasion - the Scooter Turtle from Beccy's Place, The Slow Lane, the background from Angie Blom's Digital Designs, Dream Big Mountains and the sparkling cake inside from Penny Black, Delectable.

 



Inside

All of the images were printed on Neenah 110# card stock and colored with my Copic markers. I used a swirly embossing folder for the solid orange background on the front of the card. The next layer is the background layer from Angie Blom Digital Designs.  Then the turtle is fussy cut and glued onto the background with this head and upper body raised with foam dots.  The Happy Birthday is attached on the right corner then the sentiment is added at the top corner. 

Inside I added the Penny Black multi-layered cake that is also colored with Copic markers and highlighted with Stickles. The card was a lot of fun to make using the different stamps and added to the surprise of the party. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.




5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful evening you must have had - and a fabulous card to go with it - I am sure it was appreciated :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Pam on this fun birthday card. The turtle image is adorable and that cake and the way you've decorated it is fabulous.

    Thanks so much for entering your creation into our latest challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw.

    PS I know I still owe you a reply and I'm sorry that it is taking so long to get to it. I'm rather swamped but hopefully will get a chance to be in touch later in the week.

    ☺Lisa D.
    Strategic Content Developer and Blog Coordinator for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
    Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Pam. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Creative Crafters Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam you would not believe this, after I finish commenting, I am about to design a birthday card for my grandson using this set of stamps too. I love Beccy's images and you have done a beautiful job on this card. Thank you for joining us at SheepSki Designs and good luck with your entry. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete