Thursday, February 13, 2020

My Big Heart

Just one more day until Valentine's Day ~ 
and I have two more Valentine cards to share with you.  

Today's image is from Deep Red Stamps and this cutie is named Big Heart Mousie.



I started this card by stamping the image on Neenah 110# card stock and coloring with my Copic markers.  That was the easy part for this particular card.

If you can visualize with me for a second, just look at the red dotted paper.  That piece was pre-cut.  Isn't it pretty!  Now my image is on a square piece of card stock that I want to die cut to match that pretty edge. Fortunately, I have the die (Spellbinders, Nestabilities Label 17) that is all but identical to the red precut piece.... unfortunately, the die machine isn't wide enough to cut it the width of the card (the way the die has to be cut!)  Just a minor detail that about cut into my coloring.   However after much twisting and turning, and a little extra glue here and there,...  I believe we have a pretty good match, don't you?  

And I'm sure if I hadn't brought it to your attention, you wouldn't have looked at it twice either. But I brought it up to show you that the direction of your dies and your layout do matter.  Also, always wait till your die cutting is done before adding your sentiments.  They will get smeared going through your die cutter, no matter how dry you may think they are.

After the die cutting was finally completed, I reinserted the image in the misty and added the sentiment(s) on the card and the washi tape. 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to visit my selling site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
Copics Used:
Heart:R81, R83, R,85, R56,Ears, Tummy, bottom of feet: R30,Bottom: N0, N5, W5, W3, W2

Products:

4 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the dotted paper and how clever of you to notice the shape of the pre cut paper and that you had a die to almost totally match. Gosh, Pam. I just saw your Boot Camp image on the right. We were there at the same time last year. I sat up front on the right. I had the bunny ears on. What a fun time that was. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Pam - a great design to your card and well executed, despite the difficulties. That is one sweet mousie
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is that. I wished I'd seen it sooner. That sentiment would be perfect on my husband's card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little mouse! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete