Monday, February 17, 2020

Love You Pop!

Good Monday Morning! 

I'm starting the week off with Polka Dot Orchard's Digital package Lollipop Love by designer Crystal Minkler.  

Here's my completed card and then the directions 
on how I made it. 


I printed the trio of lollipops and the two sentiments onto a piece of Neenah 110# card stock, then duplicated the lollipop layer twice so that I had three sets of that image across the page.  I placed the two sentiments with enough room around them to allow for die cutting, then printed this page.  I colored both of the lollipop images exactly alike and fussy cut as close to the outer edge as possible; then used my craft knife to cut in between the stems of the lollipops.  

Next, I wanted to make a piece of background paper.  I carefully laid the three sets of colored images in a staggered row on the printer glass (colored side down) and scanned them in as a jpg image.  Then I was able to open the scanned document and duplicate the three images, continuing to arrange them in rows down the paper, until I'd covered the entire page.  I lightened the opacity to 75% so the main image would remain the focus point of the card.

On the 5 1/2" square card base, I added a navy mat, then a bright red mat, and then the copied image mat.  I added several large foam squares between the two layers of the candy part of the image and glued them together at the base of the lollipop sticks.  Then I added the narrow ribbon around the sticks and through the "I Love You" fish tail banner.   I used a Book Mark Page die for the top sentiment and added a ultra thin piece of sparkle washi across the top edge.  Now that everything looks complete, it's time to add glossy accents and glitter glue.  I used diamond Stickles to fill inside the heart on the center lollipop. Then I carefully covered both the heart on the left and the purple lollipop on the right with Glossy Accents to give them a high gloss.  After checking to be sure I didn't have any air bubbles, I set this to the side to dry overnight. 

There sure is a lot of different occasions this image 
could be used for.  I hope you will check out all the new products on  Polka Dot Orchard. 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to visit my selling site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
 Copics Used:
Heart: R35/R37, Center: YG01/YG03, Purple: B63/B66, Sticks: E23

Products Used:
















5 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the card and the background. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you explain each step. Including changing the opacity, which I never knew. Your blogs are very tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and such a great image to use. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete