Friday, June 2, 2023

Okay, Light the Candles!

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I recently made for my son-in-law.  Like most fire fighters, he loves his department and the work they do for their town.  

I selected Beccy's Place, Wheels digital stamp set for his special card. 




After sizing the truck to just under 4" long, I did all the coloring with my Copic markers.   I used a light green 5 1/2" card base, and added the yellow background matting first.  Then I secured the 1 1/2" vertical strip of lit candles.  I cut the red mat and the image using Memory Box, Matinee Rectangle dies.

Since I wanted a lot of the red to show I slightly tilted the red and image until I got them where I wanted.  

Once I was sure I was through with the design, then I carefully added glossy accents to the front and side windows.  I allowed this to set and dry overnight before getting it ready for mailing. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Lil Red Wagon ~ Challenge 707 ~ Getting Warmer 

Everybody Art Challenge ~ Challenge 537 ~ Masculine 

Passion for Markers ~ Challenge 692 ~ Make it Square 

Try it Tuesdays ~ Make it Masculine 

Beccy's Place ~ June Challenge 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Truck: R35, R37, R39, Y19, Seats  & Top: W3, W4, Tires & Doors: C2, C3, C5, C7, BV20, BV23, BV25, Windows: B00  

 

Products 



12 comments:

  1. Love the candles and glossy accent touches
    Perfect
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab card Pam. I love the fun image and your colouring is perfect. The sentiment made me chuckle and love the glossy accents on the windows. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, Pam. Fabulous coloring of Beccy's image. I may "need" this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic colouring Pam, and I love the glossy accents on the windows! The patterned paper you used is fabulous too, love all the different coloured candles. I'm glad you son-in-law got a kick out of the card you made.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card for your SIL Pam - so very personalised, which is something I love to do! Well finished too, with the glossy accents for windows - always a great finish
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image and a great card for a fireman's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous fun card, love the windows..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant image and a fun quote to accompany all of those candles! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that firetruck! Awesome card for that perfect guy! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab colouring of that fun fire engine image, Pam and the Glossy Accents on the windows is a great touch. Like your paper and colour choices too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card with happy colours! Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great fire engine. Every boy's dream. You really did a great color scheme – very nice. And the design is so beautiful. The saying goes so well with the design paper. Truly a stunning card.
    Thank you for presenting at the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hug Uschi

    ReplyDelete