Saturday, June 17, 2023

Beep Beep! It's Your Birthday!

Our Design Team challenge this week at Polkadoodles was to make card with a 'thing' - not a person or animal. 

For this I selected two packages - The Red Truck (DLPD9139) and USA 4th July (DLPD8208).



Using Photoshop Elements, I sized the truck to about 3" tall and 4" long.  I layered the flag into the truck bed, layered the star filled heart on the truck door and added the banner across the entire image. These images were precolored.  I also sized the sentiment from the truck package to fit, then moved it away from the design for printing. 

All of the coloring was done with Copic markers, which are referenced at the bottom of my blog.  When completed, then I die cut the image and the red strip using Tattered Lace, Lacy Days Squares.  Both the blue and red matting paper are from Polkadoodles, The Colour of Spring paper pack. 

After cutting a card base (5 1/2" x 6 1/2") I secured the layers as shown, blue, then red strips, then image and finally the matted sentiment. 

Didn't it turn out cute!  Be sure to hop over to the blog to see all the design team creations.  You can add your hand made cards while you're there! We'd love to see them. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards.  

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Truck: B91,B94, B95, B97, C2, C4, Rust: RV69, R39, YR18, Y08, B91, Tires: N5, N8, C4, Shadow, W2

 

Products 



Polkadoodles USA 4th July 

Tattered Lace, Lacy Days Squares

1 comment:

  1. Your "thing" is perfect
    Good job
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete