Monday, June 5, 2023

Best Mateys!

Happy First Monday of June! 

I'm starting off the week with a great summer time image from Jan's Digital Stamp Shop as we open the June Challenge Blog. 

Newly Released, I've used Jan's "Pirate Life" for my inspirational card for today. 




I thought her sentiment 'Best Mateys', would be perfect for two little girls. (Although the one on the right could easily be a little boy!)

I sized the image to just under 5" tall and after printing, colored it with my Copic markers. 

I used Tattered Lace, Hemstitch Squares for the die cut decorative edges.  I found the pink striped paper that I thought would go well with the design, but only had one piece (6" square).  I could have done the clouds a different way but really wanted to stay within that pattern.  So I simply die cut the clouds out of the center of the 6" square and was still able to use the square for the card matting.  I  also used a gold metallic pen to fill the treasure chest. 




The card base was 6 1/2" x 5 1/2".  After securing the mat, I added the completed image in the center and then the pink striped clouds.

Finally I added the pink organza ribbon with an anchor charm for the final touch. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Love to Craft ~ Challenge 74   

QKR Stampede ~ Challenge 456  

Four Seasons ~ Summer  

Avenue 613 ~ June Challenge  

Crafty Calendar ~ June Challenge  

Creations in Pink ~ Challenge 58

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

 Left Girl: Hair: YR23, YR24, E37, Shirt: Y15, Y18, Shorts: G03, G07, Right Girl: Hair: E31, E23, E25, Shirt: G14, Overalls: R83, R85; Hats: R81, R84, BV23, BV25, Logs: E70, E71, E74, Gold: Y26, Y28, Metallic Gel Pen, Chest: YR23, YR24, YR27, E37, Bird: YR27, Y11, YG25, Flag: RV66, RV63, RV55, Flag pole: E34, Water: BG01, BG000, B41

Products 





7 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet scene and reminds me of childhood memories. Thanks for creating this wonderful project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute
    Love the water
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely image and beautifully designed card- definitely has a summer-time feel so a perfect entry for our challenge at Crafty Calendar, thanks for joining in this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Pam - a sweet image and as you say, one of those children could be either a boy or girl. Love your finished card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love tattered lace dies

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image on your sweet card, Pam. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at The Four Seasons and please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really fun summer scene and cute card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete