Monday, September 9, 2024

Mousey Music

Today's card was made for a 'Music' card swap.  It turned out so cute, I really hated to mail it off!  I used the House Mouse image called 'Tickling the Ivories'.



 
I colored this adorable image with my Copic markers and then used the Pink & Main Stitched Rounded Rectangle die for it and the sparkly gold patterned matting.  I also stamped a generic Happy Birthday and die cut it with a Fish Tail tag die.

After securing the patterned cardstock matting to the A2 sized card base, I added a strip of yellow gold cardstock across the card front near the bottom,  Next I added the colored image, tilting it slightly to allow more of the background paper to be seen.  Before adding the sentiment, I added a strip of fun foam to the back to give it a little extra dimension.  Twine and ribbon were too heavy for these tiny fellows, so I used the fine black quilting thread to wrap several times around the top flap.  Then I tied a loopy bow at the knot to complete the card design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 HMFMC #423 Anything Goes  ~ Optional Back to School  

Stamping Sensation ~ September Challenge  

Just Add Strong ~ Challenge 718 ~ Texture & String  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 732 ~ Use Stamps   

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 18

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  
Music page: E51, E52, Mice Fur: E31, E33, E35 or E21, E23, E25, Skin: E50, E51, E93, Wood on Piano: E70, E71, E74, Piano Keys: E40  

Products

10 comments:

  1. That is really darling
    So adorable xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Pam. Great coloring of this mousey scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So prettily coloured in the sepia tones, many thanks for joining in and sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable card - although your hated mailing it off - I'm sure the receiver love it! Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that there is nothing these mice can't do!!! What a wonderful card, beautifully colored and designed. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the HMFMC.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card, adorable image. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it. It really is cute. I've never seen this image. I love the name of it. Thank you for joining us at the HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Pam; I can see why you wanted to keep it. The HM image is adorable and your colouring is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge and apologies for my late comment. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card Pam :-) I love this image and the colors and papers are just gorgeous! Beautifully done! You need to make another one for you to keep now ;-)

    Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam what a cute and gorgeous card

    Thank you for playing with us at the
    House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete