Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Monster Truck Madness ~

Some of these birthdays just touch your heart - and today is one of them.  My grandson turns 17 today.  He was our first grandchild and I was allowed in the labor and delivery room with them. He's grown up so fast it seems and will be getting his Senior ring in just a few short weeks from now.  

So what do I make for his card?  I decided on a Monster Truck and wanted something with layers and some 'pop'.  This is what I came up with. 



 

I started by searching Google for Free Monster Truck images and ended up finding the art work of Matthew Matthysen to be most interesting and quite colorful.  I had so much fun coloring the monster truck with my Copics after viewing his designs. 

For the assembly, I gathered a few pieces and began mixing and matching until I was happy with the results.  The corrugated paper was a strip about 2" and is torn to get the jagged edge and trimmed the length of the completed image.  I used a piece of black leather lacing to thread through the Happy Birthday bar then wrapped and taped it around the back side of the orange background paper.  The oval sentiment at the top is a Tim Holtz chipboard element and is mounted on foam. After all the front elements were secured to the background paper, then I was able to secure the grouping to the 6" square Kraft card base. 

Happy Birthday Spencer! 

I'm so proud of YOU!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Try it on Tuesday ~ Make it Colorful  

Colorful Options ~ September ~ Be Bold  

Crafters Cafe ~ Challenge 311 ~ Rainbows/Lots of Colours  

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 90  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 665-666

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Truck: YG01, YG03, YG05, YG13, YG23, FV2, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG23, BG32, BG45, BG49, V12, Ground: YR15, YR16, YR18

Products 

Google ~ Free Monster Truck Coloring Pages



5 comments:

  1. He will love this card
    Amazing
    Unique
    Love how you put it all together xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Pam! Guy cards, especially those for teenagers, can be really challenging to make. You did a great job seeking out that image and then coloring it. I love all the little details too, especially the torn corrugated cardboard. He will love it! I'm so glad you have someone so special in your life. They do grow up so fast, don't they? As guest designer this month over at Word Art Wednesday I just wanted to come over and say hi and say thanks for playing along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your grandson is going to love this card. I bet he will be proud you took so much time and effort to make it for him. Thanks for sharing this clever and colorful card at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool, Pam. The torn corrugated cardboard is a fantastic masculine touch. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful for you and the lovely art you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card for your grandson thankyou for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete