Tuesday, September 10, 2024

The Good Life

If you follow my cards, you know that Copic markers are my first choice to color with for my cards.  I do try to branch out, probably not often enough, but a little.  Today's card is one I sent to my nephew's sweet wife for her birthday and I'd like to share it with you today. 

I used the Penny Black Blushing image of the single rose on black watercolor paper with metallic water color paints for this dramatic effect. 



I stamped the image using white ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.   The metallic paints were new to me, so this was quite the experiment figuring out the color combinations.

If this technique is new to you, the amazing thing is to complete the painting and tilt the image in the light.  The reflections of colors are amazing ~ even when they aren't perfect. 


The card was sent with lots of love to Arizona as this young lady has certainly made life good for my #1 nephew. 

Happy Birthday Kelani! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

2 Sisters on the Blog ~ Challenge 89  

The Flower Challenge ~ #95 ~ Include a Stamped Flower  

We Love 2 Create ~ Challenge 8 ~ Mixed Media  

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ September 2024

 

Pam's Pearls


Products 

 




4 comments:

  1. She will love this card
    It's gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Pam and I know the shine from the metallic water colors really put on a show in the light! I'm sure your niece was delighted by this lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card but it is not lavendel for our challenge this month.
    I am sorry, but I have to remove your card. Maybe you can make another card with lavendel?
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A striking, dramatic card, Pam - and thank you for inspiring me to try this technique
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete