Friday, September 20, 2024

Early Birthday Wishes

Today I'm sharing a half year birthday card for one of my special girlfriends.  She's one of 'those people' who has a birthday way to close to Christmas!  So around the end of July I decided to surprise her with this card and a few little birthday surprises in the mail.

The image is from Woodware Stamps and is named Midnight Owl.


 
I wanted not only to surprise her but to make it a bright and fun package so I decided to make the owl match his name - in shades of midnight blues.   I used Gina Marie Designs Label Six for the decorative edge after completing the coloring. 

For the background, the blue speckled paper was a good choice for the sky but needed a bit of texture.  I used the Sizzix Arched 3D Embossing Folder and then trimmed to fit the A2 sized Kraft card base.  

For the sentiment I used a wooden fishtail tag that was pre-stamped Happy Birthday.  As you can see I added a thin strip of the background paper as the tag 'string'.  Then I secured the owl near the top left of the card front and the sentiment near the bottom right to complete the card design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Digi Choosday ~ Week 37  

Fab n Funky ~ Challenge 600  

Colorful Options ~ September ~ Be Bold  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 87

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Owl: B00, B01, B02, B04, B06, Eyes: YR20, YR23, Face: Y23, E42, E44, Feet: YR24, YR27, Moon: Y15, Cloud: B23, B21, Sky: BG000, Limb: E71, E74, E77, Leaves: YG63, YG67   

Products  

3 comments:

  1. I love this
    Blue ... my favorite color
    So I'm a little bias
    Great job on this
    I'm sure your friend was very surprised xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and thoughtful gesture. Adorable card. I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely idea to surprise your friend with a gift and this gorgeous card, it's a beautiful image and I love those vibrant blues.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our 600th Challenge at Fab 'n' Funky.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete