Monday, September 23, 2024

When One Becomes Two

I've always loved big stamps and images, mostly because it allows plenty of room for Copic shading.  We won't go down that path of my older eyes can't see those smaller images very well any more.

The stamped image for today is from Simon Says Stamps and is called Beautiful Flowers.  This stamped image is just under 7 inches long and is very appropriately named. 


After enjoying the best part - Copic coloring - I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with this massive piece.  Just last week my stamping friend Lynne displayed several of her cards where she had cut the completed images to make more than one card.  They were stunning and I wasn't sure I could cut mine after all the work of coloring it.

But I did - and it will be easier next time.  I love the results!

Here's the completed left side of the image, made for my special neighbor and shopping buddy, Ms June who turned 89 this month.


The completed right side of the image, finished slightly different and mailed to an online friend for her birthday on the 22nd of this month. 




Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

We Love Stamping ~ September Challenge 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 285 

Cardz4Galz ~ Challenge 234 ~ Any Coloring Medium  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 665 - 666

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Flowers: R24, R14, R05, R02, Y28, R17, R32, RV42, RV23, RV12, Thin Leaves: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, Rose Leaves: G40 G43, G82, Buds: G21, G24, G82, G40, G43

Products  

Simon Says Stamps, Beautiful Flowers   

Altenew, Angled Mosaic Embossing Folder 




 

1 comment:

  1. You did great
    Big stamps scare me lol
    Beautiful cards xoxo

    ReplyDelete