Friday, July 1, 2022

When You Are Old and Gray

Today we are starting a new week at the Colour Crazy Challenge blog with Dr. Digi - House of Stamps, providing our sponsorship. 

Our image provided to use was 'Flossie Bumblethorpe' and I decided to add a scripture to the image for my card today.



The last time I posted a card/image of an older lady, I caught a good bit of grief about being cruel.  While everyone has their opinion, it never feels good to get comments that aren't even about how you made the card.  As design team members, we are given images that are sometimes way out of our comfort zone.  It's our job to make the card with the image look excellent and marketable. For me personally, I put a lot of time and 'me' in every card.  I know we can never please everyone.  I'll continue to be  grateful that I'm able to create for many Design Teams, for my customers,  and for myself.

Flossie has been around a while with Dr. Digi's House of Stamps, so be sure to check out the site for other images of her.  I used Copic markers for coloring and have listed them below.  The decorative edge was achieved using the Spellbinder Deco Rectangle die.  The scripture is from Isaiah 46:4.  I typed that on the computer, then trimmed and matted with the coordinating green solid cardstock.  

The card base is 5 1/2" square and I covered it with the patterned paper before securing the image and the scripture to the card base. 

Be sure to visit the Colour Crazy Challenge blog to see the other Design Team cards and enter yours! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Color Throwdown ~ Color Challenge 699 

Word Art Wednesday 549-550 

Time Out  ~ Challenge 217 ~ Be Kind

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Hat: V15, V17, V04, V05, G94, Purse & Shoes, V04, V05, Skirt, BG70, BG72, BG75 Top, BG72, BG75, Hair: N4, N7, Walker: C2, W2

 

Products






1 comment:

  1. That sentiment is.. like my mom talking me! And I think it will be a perfect card from a mom to her kids. Love the way you matched the teal color on the dress, pattern paper and also the matting of the quote. Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete