Saturday, July 2, 2022

Hello Beautiful Friend!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend on this Saturday morning. Maybe I'm catching you at the BEACH!?

That's what the Design Team for Polkadoodles are bringing to you today - Ocean, Beach and Mermaids!  Time to enjoy some 'cooling' cards! 

For my project, I selected Meribelle Mermaid Seahorse.  I've always been intrigued with the Seahorse and this image is no exception.  What fun it was to color!  




After sizing the image to about 4" tall, I printed it on 110# Neenah cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers.

Adding the background water to appear as if water was coming in was a challenge, but was fun!  I'd learned this technique several years ago, so it could use some improvements, but I loved doing the tiny bubbles! Each bubble has eight Copic colors in it!




Once I had completed the coloring I added the 'Hello Beautiful' stamped part of the sentiment close to the Seahorse. Next I die cut the 'friend' eight time with white cardstock and once with the blue metallic paper.  Carefully I glued each layer together ending with the blue metallic on top, making the stacked word 'friend' then adding it to the card base. 


The card base is 6" square and I covered it with a coordinating blue cardstock.  Then I secured the completed image to the top to complete my card. 

Be sure to visit the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge blog to see all the Design Team cards and to enter your card too.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Fingers ~ Challenge 234 

Your Next Stamp ~ Challenge 187 ~ The Fun Continues 

Crafty Gals ~ Challenge 232  

Double D Challenge ~ Beachtime 

Fab N Funky ~ Challenge 554 ~ Summer Colours 

The Paper Shelter ~ Challenge 518 ~ Under the Sea 

Try it on Tuesday ~ Here Comes Summer 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

 Hair: V12, V15, V17, Crown: Y28, YR18, YR16, YG23, Fin/Tail: B02, B04, B06, B16, Little Fish: B16, Leash: Y28, Seahorse: YG01, YG23, YR18, YR27, YR24, YR65, Y28, Y26, Bubbles: BG15, BG11, RV12, RV00, BV04, BV02, Y11, Y0, Water, B02, BG11, B60, B63, BG13, BG02, BG70

Products








4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little card, and so beautifully colored. The background is perfect! Lots of wonderful work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope to see you back again soon.
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderfull card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful image and fabulous colouring! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Chrisx

    ReplyDelete