Saturday, July 16, 2022

Friendship!

 

This week the Polkadoodles Design Team are gathering up images for Friendship cards to inspire you!

I've selected Polkadoodles Sheepy Sheepy Sheep Sheep Spring Easter Printable (say that 5 times fast).   This one  reminded me of my girlfriends as we would pile in a car for a shopping trip or crafting day trip.  

A Perfect Day for Friends!



Let me say that I use Photoshop Elements for my photo editing and layering.  It's especially helpful for this card as I am using several digital packages.  Other programs can be used, I'm not that familiar with them however.  My instructions are specific for PSE.

I started by sizing this image to just under 4" tall.  Next I opened the Magic Garden Soup digital package and selected the whimsical flowers and butterflies and randomly placed them throughout the background of my card front.  I also opened the Rose Budd Craft Digital package and pulled in the tree border background layer. Once I had everything laid out like I wanted it, I printed the card front on Neenah 110# cardstock, then used my Copic markers for coloring.

Separately on another page I used Honeypie Greetings, Just Lovely package and opened the card sentiment, "Your Friendship is Just the Best".  I sized this to small ~ to about 1/2" tall and just under 4" long.

After coloring the image, I used the Gina Marie Designs Nesting Label Three for the decorative edge.  The card base is 5" x 6" and has a side fold.  After covering the front with the small patterned green paper, I added the tall center image and then mounted the sentiment at the bottom with a rectangle matting under it.  After adding tiny black brads at the center of each end, I added a metallic strip to anchor it to the ends of the card.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 235 

Little Red Wagon ~ Challenge 662 ~ Make me Laugh

Word Art Wednesday ~ 551-552 

Through the Craft Room Door ~ 7/5 Challenge 

2 Sisters on the Blog ~ Challenge 64 

A Perfect time to Craft - July 

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 63 

World Wide Open Design Team  ~ July Challenge 

Pam's Pearls

Copics:

Truck: N2, N3, N5, C4, B23, B24, Y18, R35, Sheep: (BV000, BV000, BV02), (B63, B66), (RV00, RV04, RV09), (BG11, BG13), YR02, R01, R20, W5, Flowers: B01/B04, YR12/YR18, Leaves: YG61, YR63, YR67

Products


 










 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun image Pam, and I love how you have coloured it - it reminds me of several trips my girlfriends and I took to big, out of town stamp shows... lots of laughs!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card.
    Thanks for sharing it at 2Sistersontehblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and fun card and I love the different coloured sheep..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just very beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful one. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Asha DT

    ReplyDelete