Monday, July 25, 2022

Hooray ~ You Did It!

Happy Monday to you and I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  

After spending several days with my best friend in the hospital in Charlotte, NC, it was good to be home yesterday.  Yet my thoughts continue to drift back to her knowing the long road to recovery she has in front of her.  I'm happy to say her back surgery was a huge success and she is getting stronger every day!  

Today I'm sharing the card that I gave her before I left - celebrating her surgery and our sixty years of friendship!



Meet The Bird Ernest from Artisan Joggles.  Isn't he a hoot! 

He is colored with Copic markers and fussy cut to go on the standard A2 sized card.  I used the Twisted Stitched Border by Simon Says on the edge of the solid peach flap over the coordinating vertical stripe.  I tied a simple knot of deep aqua organza ribbon and added the plastic HOORAY tag under the knot with a clear glue dot.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 186 ~ Paper Shelter

Corrosive Challenge ~ July

We Love Stamping, UK ~ July

Penny Black ~ July ~ Spots or Stripes

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 63 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

 BG72, BG57, BG75, Y15, Y19

Products 

Artisian Joggles, The Bird Ernest









3 comments:

  1. A fun and pretty card for your friend, thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, a fabulous bird and I hope your friend is mending well after surgery. Love the sentiment you added! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete