Friday, June 28, 2024

Rise & Shine

Today I'm sharing my fifth and final card for the 2024 Copictopia Creative Barnraiser Competition.  I've really had fun working with the four digital packages along with the one digital paper package.  

I worked hard at using all of the images somewhere on these five cards.  They truly were well coordinated around the farm and being able to mix and match images in addition to sizing them to whatever I wanted is always a great advantage of using digital images.




For this card I wanted to use a couple of embossing folders to give the background a lot of texture.  I had a strip of the cloud paper from an earlier card, so I started with it.  I fussy cut across the bottom along the edge of the cloud print, then ran it through the Sizzix using the Stampin Up, Subtle Embossing Folder.  Next I selected a 6" square of grey cardstock that varied in shades throughout the sheet.  I used the Altenew Angled Mosaic 3D Embossing folder for this paper and the results were stunning.  The card photo really doesn't show how deeply this folder empresses the design.

After trimming to 5 1/4", I secured the grey cardstock to the Kraft card base and then added the cloud strip above, overlapping slightly. 

Next I added the sun to the back edge of the barn, then added a square of fun foam in the center of the sun, and a strip across the top edge of the barn.  This raises the images just a little to add dimension to the card without building it up too much.  I secured the barn to the left of the card center, then secured the chicken coop to the right, slightly lower.  I added the chickens around the ground with a little grass and the smallest one on top of the coop! 

The 'Rise & Shine' sentiment is part of the digital package and the 'enjoy today' was a sentiment I had in my stash.  I used the same die cut for both and added them as shown to the card front to complete the design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Lil Red Wagon ~ Challenge 762 ~ Layer it up  

Sisterhood of Crafters ~ June Challenge ~ In the Garden  

Cards4Guyz ~ Challenge 350 ~ Masculine  

Unicorn ~ Challenge 99 ~ Embossing  

2024 Copictopia Creative Barnraiser Competition

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Barn: BG72, BG75, BG57, BG18, Y11,  Coop: BV23, RV25, RV29, Pitchfork: E17, C2, C4, Bushes: YG63, YG67, YG93, YG95, YG41, YG45, Nest: E13, E15, E17, Chicks: Y19, Hen: R27, E30, YR27, YR23, Eggs: E41, E42, Spots, Aqua pen, Other Hens: YR27, R29, R30, E23, E19, E13  

Products 

Images can be purchased at: 


 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful farmyard scene you have created Pam - love the wee hens around the yard and on the roof :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool
    Love the colors xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with our "Layers" theme @ Little Red Wagon this week. Cute card and great scene. Thanks for joining us and good look in the TOP 3 draw.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete