Thursday, June 27, 2024

Let Down Your Golden Hair

In my year of monthly birthday keepsake cards for Baby Olivia, today she turns 9 months old!  Her Disney themed Princess for this month's photo session and dress made by her Great Grandmother is Rapunzel.

What wonderful childhood memories this Disney story brings back to some of us.  Here's the keepsake card I've put together for Olivia's Grandmother to add to the collection for her first year's monthly celebrations. 



 

I selected a 'baby' image of Rapunzel with the full braid of long locks.  I purposefully did not select the tower depicted in the movie of today as it being way too modern for this story.  I selected one that looked older and looked more the part of the storyline.  Plus I wanted it to be in the background, allowing Rapunzel to be the center of your focus. 

I used Copic markers for all of the coloring and then used Penny Black, Inc. Elegant Stitching Rectangle die for the decorative edge of the image.  I cut a deep purple mat 1/4" larger than the completed image and secured the two together. 

The card base is a 6" square with the fold on the side. The background matting just popped out as I scanned the purple shades - and is all one piece although the pattern makes it appear to be multiple layers.  After trimming and securing to the card base, I added the image in the center but slightly left.  I matted Olivia's name/month with the solid deep purple and then added a layer of fun foam before securing to the bottom right of the image on the card base.  Next I lightly dotted each purple heart with Stardust Stickles.

I thought I was through - took my photo and put it aside.  Yet I kept thinking it needs something else - not a ribbon or bow, not a flower... what?  About two hours later I knew what it was and back to the twine rack I went.  The card needed Rapunzel Golden braid of hair! 

After braiding the strands, I glued the braid to the card front and tucked the top edge over, securing inside.  Now it's complete and I love it! 

And here's Baby Olivia - turning 9 months old today!


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Passion for Markers ~ Week 745 ~ Add a Number  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #232  

Crafty Calendar ~ June Challenge ~ For a Child  

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Tower: E50, E51, V22, V25, V20, Shrubs: YG63, YG91, YG93, Princess Dress: V17, V15, Eyes: G28, G09, Hair: Y06, E42, Y21, E35, Y11, Clouds: B60, C0, N0, N2, BV20, Sky: BG000, B0000, Hearts: V17

 

 


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Pam - and what a wonderful keepsake you are creating for her. It's hard to believe that 9 months have gone by already. I love the gold braid - the perfect touch
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maxine ~ It's been an honor to do these and I'm truly going to miss doing them every month.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea to create monthly keepsake cards for a baby, this Rapunzel themed one is so sweet, a pretty image and beautifully coloured, love the little braid to embellish it.
    Baby Olivia looks so sweet in her pretty princess dress!
    Thanks for sharing at Crafty Calendar.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!
    Colors are amazing
    The brain is spot on perfect
    So darling xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super idea. This is a lovely image and colours for a special keepsake. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete