Monday, June 10, 2024

Embosssed Background Swap

Do you ever feel like your card is 'too plain'?  I'm not a big white space fan so a CAS card or even one with just tiny images usually seems too plain for me.  

Today's card challenge was for a Dry Embossed Folder Background and here's what I came up with.

I've used this lovely Gossamer's Lace 3D Embossing Folder from Crafter's Companion and a solid cherry red piece of cardstock.  The impression was perfect!  

The pink dimension ribbon was just a scrap on my desk from another project, and I attached it about 1 1/2" from the bottom edge.  The sentiment was stamped from Sweet n Sassy, Roses for You `set and die cut.  I only secured it along the ribbon and included a note to my swap partner to feel free to change the sentiment to fit her event use if she'd like.

So simple and plain is okay.... even leaving a sentiment off or just enclosing in your mailing with a swap is okay.  Give yourself freedom not to stay in a box all the time! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Sparkles Monthly ~ Challenge 176 ~ CAS  

AAA Cards ~ Challenge 267 ~ CAS  

Can You Handle The Press

 

Pam's Pearls


Products


 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card
    Yes I am so like you
    I don't like plain space xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, that folder does all the work for you, looks beautiful with the ribbon accent. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful monochromatic CAS card! I love the pretty details with the embossed design! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete