Monday, June 17, 2024

God Blesses Us

Now that Father's Day 2024 is in the history books, I can share the card I made for my Dad.  

One of my Dad's strongest traits is his love of the Lord and of course raising his family with God in the center of our lives.  I always like to include a scripture on his cards as an additional blessing to him and those that might see my work.

For the image, I selected the 'The Ole Tractor' image from Fred She Said Digital Designs.  Dad loved to be on the tractor in his younger days and now my son has the 'treasured blue Ford tractor'. 



 

I printed the tractor image and used Copic markers for the coloring.  I used the basic shades of 'Ford blue' although Dad's tractor has a bit of rusty character!

I wanted to use lots of layers for this card and selected a solid and two patterned papers that coordinated with the completed image.  For the layout I cased the Stampin' Up Harvest Blessing card by Pam Tetreault.  My version is of course on a 6" square card base which alters the design slightly.  I changed a few details and added my twine bow at the top fold to add my touch.  I love the results and so did my Dad. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cardz4guys ~ Challenge 349 ~ Father's Day  

The Male Room ~ Challenge 187 ~ Ribbon/Twine  

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 596 ~ For the Guys  

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 523 ~ 2 or More Patterned Papers  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 651-652 ~ Top 3

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Tractor: B23, B24, B91, Y13, C3, C4, N3, N5, N8, Tree Row: YG61, YG63, YG67, Grass: YG95, Flowers: Y28, YR27, Sky: BG01, Ground: E42

 

Products 



Fred She Said, The Ole Tractor


7 comments:

  1. Very nice masculine card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very beautiful and refined greeting card, the coloring of the digi stamp is perfect and the cards are gorgeous. Thanks for joining Creative Knockouts Taty x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special and inspirational card! Excellent coloring too, thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect masculine card, from the image to the lovely layers! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the twine on your card for your dad - I bet he loved it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful image and color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image and combination of papers.

    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete