Saturday, June 15, 2024

Fun in the Sun

This afternoon I'm back with another great image from 'All Dressed Up Digital Stamps'.   This little beach boy image is named 'Sandcastles' and he just looks like he's having so much fun in the sun! 



 To make this card I sized the image to about 3 1/2" square and printed on 110# Neenah cardstock.  I used Copic markers for the coloring, and have listed them below for your reference.  This is the first time I've tried the two tone sky going from the peachy yellow oranges to the blue grays all in one card.  I really like the results!

The card base is 5 1/2" square with the side fold.  I selected solid cardstock matting to maintain the focus on the image.  Using the Quickutz Nesting Frame 8, I cut the completed image, and the coordinating red and aqua blue pieces.   I trimmed the navy blue to 5 1/4" and secured it to the card base. I added the red and aqua pieces behind the image then I added the sailboat brad in the left corner, punching through those layers and flattening the brad legs.  Then I secured the image to the center of the card base.  

The 'fun in the sun' sentiment stamp was stamped with Blue Belle Versa Clair ink and also die cut with the same Frame 8 set.  I added a layer of fun foam to the back and inked the edge with Copic R39, then secured the sentiment at the bottom right corner of the card base.  Lastly I added a navy  sparkle organza ribbon at the fold, and tied a 2" strip of red and navy ribbon in the knot for the bow.

Be sure to check all the Design Team card on the All Dressed Up Challenge and enter your cards too! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cardz4galz ~ Challenge 227 ~ Summer Fun  

Tic Tac Toe ~ Challenge 249 ~ Layers/Thinking of You/ Ribbon-Twine  

The Male Room ~ Challenge 187 ~ Ribbon/Twine  

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 596 - Masculine  

Cutie Pie  ~ Challenge 195 ~ Dads/Lads

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bucket & Crab: R39, R37, R35, Hair: E23, Shorts: B91, B93, B95, B97, Shirt: G14, YG14, Hat: BG01, BG02, G14, YG17, Shovel: B97, Flag: BG02, Bird: C02, C00, Sand: E50, E51, E53, E55, Water: BG53, BG34, BG15, BG13, BG11, B63, B61, B06, B04, B02, B00, Sky: YR20, R11, B000, B00, BG0000, BG000,  BG20, B60, B21, B32, B91

 

Products 




4 comments:

  1. I love the layering
    Great touch and the background is gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card to display this gorgeous image Pam - fantastic work
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Pam. Thanks for sharing it with us at the TTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete