Thursday, June 6, 2024

Happy PURR-thday!

Today I'm sharing another birthday card ~ yes it seems all my friends and family are celebrating birthdays doesn't it!

This birthday girl is one of my online friends that I have actually met and have been blessed by her friendship now for quite a few years.  Debra is a wonderful crafter, owner of an online craft store (Scrapsalot, LLC), and just happens to foster a 'few' kitties! 

Her birthday wouldn't be complete without yet another 'Cat Card' of some description.  As I was pondering this, I remembered that she and I purchased this Whimsy Stamp Kitty Frame Die at the same time.  I wasn't sure about hers but I didn't think mine had been used.  I'm not a great shaker card maker but now was the time!



I'd like to say that the Whimsy Stamp Design Team has several super cute card designs on the website for this die.  I really enjoyed looking at their inspiration for this die before making this card.

I used the animal print paper from two of the Newton's Nook 6 x 6 animal life paper packs for the aqua print background and the kitty word background inside the shaker.  

The kitty die was cut three times using a gray cardstock and secured together for the top. I also cut the kitty die with the word background paper and set it aside. 

I trimmed a circle of acetate for the window to fit the center and secured it to the back of the gray set.  Once it was dried, I added a double layer of 1/4" foam tape around the edge of the acetate.  

The card base is a standard A2 size with the aqua print matting cut 1/4" smaller and secured.  I centered the inside cut background print on the card front and glued it, then also glued the outside cut piece.  This allowed a little freedom if the top piece didn't line up exactly.   Carefully I placed about a teaspoonful of the kitty mix shaker elements in the center of this piece, then lined up the top gray kitty and applied pressure to secure with the foam tape.   

The sentiment is from Newton's Nook Birthday Balloons and stamped with Versa Clair Fine Warm Breeze.  The black strip is a piece of adhesive burlap that looked like a perfect mat for this birthday kitty! 

Hope you have a Wonderful Birthday Debra!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Little Red Wagon ~ Challenge 759 ~ So Cute  

Try a Sketch on Tuesday ~ Challenge 648  

Make My Monday ~ Challenge 227 ~ B=Birthday

AAA Birthday Challenge ~ Game 62  


Pam's Pearls

Products


  

 

11 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Pam - love how you tailor you cards to the recipients, and this is perfect for a cat lover!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my sweet friend - I love doing that even though it tends to make them late sometimes! I think my organizational skills retired several years ago too! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Love it and so will your friend
    Happy birthday to her xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card for your friend's birthday. I too get intimated doing a shaker card but your is fabulous, especially with the shape of it! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this!!! Love the kitty shaker mix. A wonderful card with the recipient in mind. Thank you for sharing at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all things "cats"! What a purrfect card! Im leary of making shakers too. Where did you get the fillers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filler came from Hobby Lobby - good old clearance rack!

      Delete
  6. What a fun shaker card for your friends birthday! I struggle making them too. Yours turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful shaker card! Love the papers and cute kitty frame die... and the shaker elements are perfect for your card! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the kitty shaker card and the cute fish sequins... so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, what a sweet shaker card!!! Thanks so much for playing on TSOT!
    -Dalis

    ReplyDelete