Monday, June 3, 2024

Forever Friends

I think this would qualify as one of those cards that we crafters see our friends posting and we MUST try to make that card!  Off we go to buy the special paper, the special paint, ink or whatever medium is used,  the stamp set, the die set etc.

Oh - you've never done that? I see.  Me either.... 

Well I did already have the stamp!

It takes me a while to try new things even after falling in love with them.  Seeing so many postings of metallic painting on black paper was just getting to my heart.  I'm NOT a painter, especially with watercolors or anything of that nature.  But I just had to give this a try. 

The stamp my friend Lynne Bunn used was the Pinkfresh Studio, Chrysanthemum, which is a huge stamp! I also studied and asked lots of questions from the posting made by my friend Sharon White.  

This is my second try using this image.  The first I didn't trash, it was just very dark. 



I used Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media Paper and stamped the image with Altenew Gold pigment ink and embossed with clear powder.  I used Nezyo Glitter Metallic Watercolor Paints and Birdwing Copper Acrylic Ink for the spatters.  


After allowing it to dry, I also wanted to try out a new die - not at all thinking about the mixed media paper being nice and thick!  So that was a disaster as the delicate die did not work well at all - I salvaged on one side and decided, even though a bit wobbly, it added a memory for me to this project that I elected to leave. 


Then I added the lighter color matting papers and mounted each layer on the ivory card base.  The wavy sentiment was a preprinted tag in my stash.  


I truly had fun making this and a couple more and hope to spend more time improving this technique.


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps" on Facebook - where you can contact me to purchase cards.


I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Pinkfresh Studio June Challenge  (Gradients Rose, Mimosa, Lemon-metallics)

Creative Crafter - Challenge 76  

Stamping Sensation -UK ~ June  

We Love Stamping - UK - June ~ Fabulous Florals  

 

Pam's Pearls 





 

8 comments:

  1. A beautifully painted card Pam - and the gold border, although a bit wobbly, does accent the image very nicely
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just really cool
    Takes me a while to try things too, as you already know lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely unique card! So special....Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so effective Pam, one you want to go back and take another look, many thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique and design, it's always fun to experiment! Thank for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate your support.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and effect, i bet when the light hits it, it really comes to life. The die cut edge works well. Thank you for joining us at We love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bit of stamping! Looks very textured and interesting for sure. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very effective - great depth in the image,

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete