Monday, July 1, 2024

Home Run

Happy July 1st from Morgan's Artworld Creative Team!  We are posting today with another great group of inspirational cards using Morgan's images and opening the July Blog Challenge.  I do hope you will visit to see all the team member's cards and add yours in for the challenge too!  

For my Design Team card, I've selected Morgan's 'Sport 13' image since Baseball is my favorite sport.


 


I went about this image a bit differently.  I sized the image to just over 4" tall and as normal, printed it on 110# Neenah cardstock.  I used my Copic markers for the coloring and have referenced them below.  After completing the coloring, I fussy cut him out leaving a tiny 1/8" boarder and set him to the side. 

Then I went online in search of a digital background of the baseball diamond, baseball field, or some similar setting. After trying several, and a lot of sizing and resizing, I decided on this design.  I printed it in a 6" square size to allow space for moving the image around to the best position.  I also made the banner sentiment separately so I could match the background color.  

I wanted to use a Kraft card base and settled on a 5" top fold.  I added a piece of green cardstock for the mat and trimmed the image down to 4 3/4" square.  The 'Sports 13' image fit perfectly across the home plate.   

I added a layer of foam behind the sentiment and trimmed the ends, then secured across the right top corner.  Lastly I added the black twine and a baseball round top button to complete the Baseball Birthday Card. 

Morgans – Be sure to visit Morgan’s ArtWorld (insert photo) for more images and to see the other Design Team cards. We’d love for you to join us in the monthly challenge!


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Alphabet Challenge ~ G is for Gentlemen/Masculine  

Avenue 613 Create ~ For the Guys ~ June  

The Male Room ~ Challenge 187 ~ Ribbon/Twine  

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge 181 ~ Little Boys

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Pants: C3, C4, Belt: C6, Y28, Shirt & Hat: BG45, BG53, Helmet: BG45, BG49, BG53, BG57, Bats: E13, E15, E19, Glove: E31. E35, Baseball: W1, Lips: R21, Eyes: BG49, Edges to match background: YR18, G07, B24


Products 



4 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the addition of the twine down the side. Ty Anna for playing along with The
    Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sporty card great background and perfect image. Thank you for joining us at the The Male Room Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card for a ball player! Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete