Sunday, December 1, 2019

When Simple Isn't Simple

If you follow my card making and/or you enjoy paper crafts, it's probably safe to say that you enjoy a crafting challenge also.  Some challenges are more fun than others. Like a sketch challenge~ I use to dread those!  But I finally got where I don't mind doing them at all.  

Unity {Show & Tell} Mini Challenges each week are seriously a great place to build any card maker's skill levels.  They are challenges for the beginners to the advanced all bundled together. The linked video's are always well put together, show you enough technique to start your card and then you are set to add your own flair.  And yet they can also add a twist sometimes that will hold you back from doing your normal techniques and throw you for a loop!  This is exactly what it should do.  That's what a challenge is all about, right? 

This is the challenge last week as an example.

This challenge is all about creating a card on a single layer-- that means no washi, no jewels, no paper layers-- this one is a challenge and it's so fun!

Simple and easy ~ until I want to die cut my image, and add a mat, and add a bow... Nope!  Can't do that!  See ~ it's a challenge to me! Kinda funny isn't it?  Here's what I submitted, on the Last Day!

Using O' Holy Blessed Night, by Tierra Jackson.



The image is colored with Copic markers, except the stars are done with a yellow metallic gel pen.  For the background I used Quick Quotes Chalking Inks and a finger dauber. 

I hope you will check out Unity's weekly Mini Challenges. They will definitely help your skills as a card maker! 

Thank you for stopping by today to see what Christmas card I've been working on. See you tomorrow, in between Cyber Monday shopping! 

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

Copics Used: 
Joseph: Hair E35, E37, Gown BV13, Mary Hair E13, E15, Gown B12, B32, Baby BG15, BG23, Skins E50, E51,Manger E71, E74, Straw E11, E13, E37, Shadow W3, W2, Ground W0,W1

Products Used:






No comments:

Post a Comment