Sunday, December 8, 2019

For This Child We Have Prayed

About a month ago, I was asked to make a card for our ladies church group to use with our baby shower gift for our Pastor's daughter's first baby.  I knew they wanted lots of books for their new baby boy, but nothing was coming together just right.  Then I received the photo of the gifts that had been purchased.  Right there in the center was Baby's First Bible Stories and the cover was Noah's Ark. Why of course ~ a card with Noah's Ark!  And Whimsy Stamps has the perfect one!

Here's my finished card for the proud parents and a few details about making it. 

Whimsy Stamps, Noah's Ark by designer Crissy Armstrong

The image is printed on Neenah 110# Card Stock, cut to 6 3/4" square. I used Copic* markers for coloring and Copic multi-liners.  The clouds are die cut using Gina Marie Designs, Stitched Sky dies and the Rainbow is die cut using Papertrey Ink, Rainbow Circles Die.   

I typed and printed the sentiment in several fonts and sizes until I found one that appealed to me, then trimmed closely and added a cranberry red mat and glued them in place at the bottom of the card. 

Next, I cut two pieces ~ 8" x 9", out of the navy paper to make the card base.  I folded the long end back 1" on opposite ends and on the side that will show, I trimmed with Fiskar Seagull fancy cut scissors. Then I glued these together to make it like a 'folder'. 

 I printed the sentiment 'For This Child We Have Prayed', and cut it down to about 7" square (centered) and glued to the inside right hand side of the card, for the ladies to sign. 

Of course I had to try it out in the frame to be sure it all fit together!  At the shower, the card went well with all the gifts the new soon to be parents received.  I'm sure they will find a special spot for Noah's Ark to watch over their new baby as they read him many stories from the Bible. 

Thanks for hanging with me through this LONG blog today! 

 Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam 

Copics Used:

Products Used:






































No comments:

Post a Comment