Thursday, August 1, 2019

By What We Give

If you follow my blog postings, you know that I love to post birthday cards I've sent to my special friends and family.  Today's card was posted two weeks ago in the Unity {Show & Tell} July Empowerment Challenge and was made for my friend Williams birthday today.  

For this card I used Unity's Zeke Guy ~ I love the way he stands with his hands tucked in his jeans ~ yep, that's William!  I searched a long time for the perfect sentiment.  When I pulled Unity's Angie Girl ~ Amelia, I was amazed to find the perfect sentiment for this card.


William has got to be one of the most giving guys I know!

The technique I used for this card, was I heat embossed the stamped image with black glossy enamels.  I used Zig markers and my water brush to gently paint in the image.  I mixed several shades for the background and tore the bottom edge.  The matting pieces are die cut with my Penny Black Elegant Stitching edge dies and then everything is mounted on the blue card stock.  The triple strings are attached and cross tied, then my total card front is mounted to a black card base.  A white matching die cut rectangle is also mounted inside for the message. 

This was a great challenge put on for the month by Unity Stamps.  Can't wait to see what's coming up for August! 

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful masculine card Pam, and so beautifully tailored to William
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete