Tuesday, August 20, 2019

One Tall Cake Coming Up!

I love it when my Happy Mail is the perfect stamp for that night's crafting time.  Thus was the case last night when the time came to craft and I needed a couple of Girlfriend Birthday cards.

Penny Black's Tall Cake stamp had just arrived, so straight to the craft table and to the ink and paper she went.  I actually stamped her twice and freely colored each image with no particular outcome in mind.  I used my Copic Markers for coloring on both images.  On the dresses for both girls, I used the Copic "Bubble technique"
to make their polka dots on their dresses. 

The first card is for an upcoming girlfriend's  birthday.  It's completed in a pastel background, using the Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangle die (discontinued) and an aqua organza ribbon.  I used yellow Stickles on the candle flames.


The second version will be part of the project I'm involved in sending cards to the Soldiers Overseas for them to have to send back home to their families. These cards have to be flat without much embellishments. This image is on a Kraft card base and I used the Spellbinder Labels Eight die, a 'WISH' sentiment die and "Happy Birthday" Washi tape to  complete this card.

  


Both turned out cute, yet very different.  It's always fun to complete cards differently and see the results you get.  Penny Black stamps are very easy to use in may ways and adapt well to all kinds of backgrounds and card formats.

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I have been working on.  Your comments are always welcomed.

Serving a Risen Savior, 
Pam





1 comment:

  1. What a sweet image, and so beautifully used on both these fabulous cards Pam
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete